Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mommy Daughter Day


On Saturday I decided it would be fun if me and Saidi went out just us girls for some fun. Since having Donovan I have not been as patient as I should be with Saidi. I know it doesn't make up for it but I need to start spending time with her so we can develop more of a realationship than me hollering at her to get her apple out from under the rug. We went to the mall an had so much fun. We walked to all the differant stores and went into Gymboree. She loved walking through the store looking at all the clothes and saying "Think about it for my birthday." (City Boy has her saying that anytimes she sees something she wants in a store.) Than we went to the candy store and picked out some sweets for her to have over this next week. She thought it was the coolest thing in the world. There was a little kiosk in the middle of the mall that had nothing but a ton of books. Lots of old books and there was a couple of vintage sets of Nancy Drew books by Caroline Keene. She was my favorite when I was young. I think I may get them for her and save them till she's older.

We came to the part in the mall where they have this little train that the kids can ride on. We've put Saidi on it before and she likes the idea but startes crying when it starts up. I love it because City Boy gets in this train car that is about 3 feet wide, 5 feet long, and four feet high. He squeezes in with her and has to squeeze out 2 seconds later when she gets scared. We watched the train and than she saw the carosel right next to it. OH she just had to ride the horses. We left to get some cash and when we came back the lady running it had gone on a break. Right up stairs from the carosel is a store called Build-A-Bear. You pick out the bear or animal you want and take it to the filling station to be filled with stuffing. They not only have bears but they have a section called Friends 2B made. It is little girl dolls with pretty yarn hair. Well Saidi wanted a Friend 2B made. She picked out a little girl with bright purple hair. You also get to pick out outfits for the doll to wear with all sorts of accessories. She took the doll to get stuffed. Before they stich her up they give you a little heart to kiss and put it inside. She than got to go give the doll a "bath". You blow all the extra stuffing and strings off her and dress them. We went to the computer to make a birth certificate and wehn I askes Saidi what she wants to name the doll she said Moon. So Saidi has a new friend named Moon!! It was such a nice day and it was fun to go out with Saidi and not have to haul the boys around with us.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kendra!!! That is so adorable. It made me want to cry! I miss you guys. Tell Saidi I'm glad she has Moon. What a CUTE name. I loved this post!!!!
Sissy