Monday, February 11, 2008

What's in a name?

Call me granola or a hippy but I believe that your name is a piece of you. Alot of thought should go into naming your child. When we decided to name our kids we picked names that we felt drawn to. Now I researched what they meant but didn't put much more thought into it. I think we were prompted to name our kids what we did because they fit them to a tee.

Saidi Addison
Saidi is African for helper.
This name fits her so well. She is always there asking to help and will do anything for you the first time. She is so considerate about it too. Just the other day I asked her to bring me the wipies and she said "Ok. Momma, Right back." She was in the middle of watching her favorite show and didn't let that stop her. She is so sweet.
Addison is English for Adams son
(So you can't get it right everytime!!)

Donovan Benjamin
Donovan is Gaelic for Dark Warrior
Now City Boy has always wanted the name Donovan for his son. He's wanted it ever since he was a little kids. Now the meaning of this name worried me. It could go either way. Now with Saidi being such a love I was worried Donovan would turn out to be rottn.Hence his middle name
Benjamin is Hebrew for Son on the Right Hand.
Ok so I felt better about he name once we added the Benjamin.
And his name fits him also. He is a little bugger. He loves to fight. If you put something in his hand and pull on it he will pull right back and laugh and laugh. He love to play tug of war and his favorite place to sit is right on top of his sister. He is such a sweetie too. He cuddles and kisses and will look at you and grin so big.

I think it's cool that the names we found for the kids fit them so well!!!

No comments: